Pledge to Reduce Water Use & Improve Water Quality
Abundant, clean water supplies are necessary for almost everything you come in contact with on a daily basis. How would your day be different during a severe, long-term drought? Or if water quality was dramatically reduced? From showers to food production to basic human needs, water plays an integral part of our day to day life.
In Nebraska, we’re lucky to have abundant water sources. However, some of these bodies of water have low water quality. Looking ahead, Nebraska will face droughts, reduced water volumes, and reduced water quality. Take a pledge today to help Nebraska keep its water sources safe and abundant!
Ways to Reduce Water Use and Improve Water Quality:
- Use a rain barrel to collect rainfall and use this water for irrigation
- Reduce or eliminate pesticide and insecticide use
- Water landscaping only in the early morning or evening (to reduce water use from evaporation)
- Select vegetation that requires less watering (drought-resistant and/or native)
- Only water when needed
- Dispose of pet waste in the trash
- Dispose of all hazardous liquids (oil, grease, coolant, etc.) appropriately (not down the drain or sewer)
- Fix leaks and, when needed, replace appliances and fixtures with WaterSmart equipment
- Run the dishwasher or washing machine only with full loads
- ….and more!
Take the Pledge!
Green Omaha Coalition are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We do not share, sell or rent your personal information.